HRAP Flat Bars
CORROSION RESISTANT PREMIUM QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL FLAT BAR !
At Ambica Steels, we produce a full line of stainless steel products, including stainless steel flat bars. As an integrated manufacturer, we have a comprehensive and far-reaching collection of stainless steel flat bars that are available in a variety of length, sizes, and finishes to meet the client’s precise requirements.
Our hot rolled annealed and pickled (HRAP) finished stainless steel Flat Bar undergoes numerous high-tech production processes to ensure exceptional uniformity in the product quality. First, the steel is hot rolled and then annealed (i.e., heating the already cooled steel) to release stress. This ensures the highest level of resistance against corrosion. In the final step, the pickling process is performed by immersing the prepared steel in a compound solution to remove any marks or scale on the steel surface.
Ambica Steels’ production plants located at New Delhi boast the world’s choicest and most advanced steel making, cold rolling, and hot rolling equipment. We pride ourselves as the leading manufacturers and suppliers of outstanding stainless steel products of premium quality with high dimensional accuracy.
|Size range||Width: 38 mm to 150 mm, Thickness: 4 mm to 30 mm|
|Size Tolerances||ASTM A 484 and EN 10058|
|Length||2 metres – 6 metres ( 8 feet to 20 feet)|
|Length Tolerance||Available in special cut to length bars in tolerance -0/+10 mm (-0/+0.5 inch)|
|Surface Finish||HRAP Condition|
|Heat Treatment||Solution Annealed|
|Grades||AISI: 303, 304L, 316L, 316Ti, 321, 630/17-4 PH, F 51
DIN: 1.4305, 1.4307, 1.4404, 1.4571, 1.4541, 1.4542, 1.4821, 1.4462
Chemical Composition – Stainless Steel Flat Bar (AISI 304L)
|Chemicals||(Wt. in %)|
|Nickel||8 – 11|
|Chromium||18 – 20|
The production of our stainless steel flat bars is mainly directed in terms of the point of their flatness along with the attractiveness in their shapes and appearance. Our flat bars are widely appreciated by our clients worldwide for their striking appearance as well as strip shape. The stainless steel flat bars are suitable for myriad applications in multiple industries that require attractive appearance and shape for their exposed parts.
The production of the stainless steel flat bars includes:
- Raw Material: We use recycled stainless steel content, which makes nearly 85% of our raw materials. The steel is further sorted, tested, and analyzed to get the precise chemical composition.
- Melting: This typically works in four ways:
- Melting of the raw materials (alloyed steel) in an advanced electric arc furnace
- Further processing of steel in an Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) converter to reduce elements like carbon, nitrogen, sulfur in a steel converter
- Tuning the Steel Composition: A subsequent metallurgical treatment is performed to meet the standard quality requirements.
- Casting of Ingots/Slabs: Following the above step, our experts transfer liquid steel ladle to the continuous casting machine in order to convert the molten steel into manageable size slabs. We inspect all the slabs to ensure the highest quality.
- Hot Rolling: This process occurs at a temperature far above the material’s recrystallization temperature. This prevents the hardening of the steel while ensuring the same dimensions of the stainless steel in all directions.
The above rigorous process ensures a good quality finished product with unique geometries.
At Ambica Steels, we manufacture a wide range of stainless flat bars in diverse grades, shapes, and sizes. Since we are counted as the leading trader and manufacturer of the stainless steel products, our objective is to ensure the production of premium quality stainless steel products having great ductility and high tensile strength.
We use cutting-edge equipment placed in avant-garde facilities (sited at India’s national capital –Delhi), including:
- Ingot Casting
- Advanced Electric Melting Furnaces
- Ultramodern Ladle Refining Furnace
- Sophisticated Electro Magnetic Stirrer
- Innovative Bloom/Billet Continuous Casting Machine, 2 stands, 9/16 meter radius
- Electric Melting Furnaces
- Unconventional Heat Treatment Furnaces
- Argon Oxygen Decarburization (A.O.D) Converter
- Centerless Grinding, Bar Peeling, Polishing machines
- Bar-to-Bar & Coil-to-Coil Drawing Machines
- Bar Hot Rolling Mill with 4 stands (460 mm) and 6 stands (330 mm)
- Hi-tech mechanical & chemical laboratory
- Schumag Combined Drawing & Polishing machine
- Regular Inspection & Finishing lines
Moreover, the entire production of flat bars and other stainless steel products are carried out in a unique production facility. This supports our objective of delivering the best quality products at competitive prices. Our eminent reputation established in the industry for years is the result of our highly experienced and committed employees, vigorous inspection (from the designing stage to the final production stage) to check the standard product specifications, zero tolerance for any negligence, and ultrasonic assessment to fix deviations, if any.
We supply stainless steel flat bars with excellent mechanical properties that are frequently used by organizations in various industries, including:
- Architectural Moldings
- Kitchen Equipment
- Welding Components
- Pulp & Paper Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chemical Industry Processing Equipment
- Desalination plants
- Pipe Systems & Cargo Tanks
- Fuel Gas cleaning
- Seawater systems
- Firewalls & Blast Walls
- Storage Tanks
- Heat Exchangers
- Structural Design Components
- Pressure vessels
- Shafts/Rotors/Impellers and shafts
- Water heaters
Ambica steel manufactures and sources stainless steel flat bar products worldwide. We produce premium quality flat bars in our modern facilities that are fully equipped with sophisticated machines and equipment. Our technologically-sound manpower works in flexible shifts to render superior services to our esteemed customers located in India and abroad. We also maintain an innate inventory at our strategically positioned facilities sited in New Delhi to assure on-time delivery of our products.
All our flat bars along with their specifications comply with ultrasonic testing to distinguish our products from the competitors. We produce stainless steel in numerous grades, viz. Stainless Steel 303, Stainless Steel 304, Stainless Steel 316, Stainless Steel 420, Stainless Steel 431, and Stainless Steel 2205.
|303||303 grade represents the optimum in machining among the austenitic stainless steels. It is primarily used when production involves extensive machining. 303 is available in Improved Machining grade with machining characteristics significantly higher than that of the standard 303.|
|304||304 grade is dual certified as grade 304 and 304L. Grade 304 is the standard “18/8” stainless. It has excellent forming and welding characteristics. Grade 304L, the low carbon version of 304, does not require post-weld annealing and so is extensively used in heavy gauge components. 304 is available in Improved Machining grade with machinability significantly higher than that of the standard 304.|
|316||316 grade is dual certified as grade 316 and 316L. 316 is the standard molybdenum-bearing stainless steel, second in importance to 304 amongst the austenitic stainless steels. The molybdenum gives 316 better overall corrosion resistant properties than Grade 304, particularly higher resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in chloride environments. It has excellent forming and welding characteristics. 316 is available in Improved Machining grade with machinability significantly higher than that of the standard 316.|
|420||420 grade can be hardened by quench-and-temper heat treatment. It contains a minimum of 12 per cent chromium, just sufficient to give corrosion resistance properties. It has good ductility in the annealed condition but is capable of being hardened up to Rockwell Hardness 50HRC, the highest hardness of the 12 per cent chromium grades. Its best corrosion resistance is achieved when the metal is hardened and surface ground or polished. 420 is available in Improved Machining grade with machinability significantly higher than that of the standard 420.|
|431||431 grade is a heat treatable martensitic, nickel-bearing grade has the best corrosion resistance properties of all the martensitic grades. It has excellent tensile and torque strength, and good toughness, making it ideally suited to shafting and bolt applications. It can be hardened to approximately 40HRC. Because of its high yield strength, this grade is not readily cold worked and is therefore not recommended for use in operations such as cold heading, bending, deep drawing or spinning. 431 is available as in Improved Machining grade with machinability significantly higher than that of the standard 431.|
|2205||2205 grade is the most widely used duplex (ferritic/austenitic) stainless steel grade. It finds applications due to both excellent corrosion resistance and high strength.|
The unparalleled quality of our stainless steel flat bar is predominately characterized by the following features:
- Great Adhesion ability
- Superior Weldability
- Great toughness
- Great attention to every order
- Excellent resistance against corrosion
- Superior formability
- Meets exact client specifications
- Less distortion
- Superior tensile strength
- No residual strain in the bar during baking
- Consistent statistical monitoring for accurate results
- 100% pure steel
Ambica Steels, since 1970, is consistently regarded as the premium quality manufacturer and supplier of stainless steel flat bars worldwide. Our production facilities are fully computerized with avant-garde equipment and latest technologies.
For decades, we have developed a number of new stainless steel products that meet precise customer requirements in terms of product grades, size, shape, chemical composition, mechanical properties, dimension, and accuracy. We are widely known for:
- Consistently producing highest quality stainless steel products by using a fully-integrated quality regulating system
- A full line of high strength stainless steel products
- Our production system is persistently inspected to ensure exceptional dimensional accuracy
- Our experts work in tandem with the clients to develop optimum products while advising them on selecting from our wide range of products
As a result of our commitment to serve clients in a better way, we have developed a healthy bond with our customers. In addition, our state-of-the-art facilities have fully automated equipment and machines to manufacture products of international standards. Listed below are some of our famous steel products manufactured at our hi-tech facilities:
- Bright Round Bars
- Precision Round Bars
- Hexagon & Square Bars
- Flat Bars
- Hot Rolled Bars
- Forging Quality Ingots
- Duplex Stainless Steel
- Precipitation Hardening Steels (17-4 Stainless Steel)
Ambica Steels is an ISO 1400:2008 and ISO 9001 2010 certified company. We have also earned various accreditations as an endeavor to serve our clients in a better way:
- AD 2000 MERKBLATT W0
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- PED 97 23 EC
- AS 9100C AEROSPACE
- IBR CERTIFICATE
- LLOYD’S REGISTER CERTIFICATE FOR MARINE APPLICATION
- Z AMBICA 1326WL111860)
To know more about our Stainless Steel Bright Round Bars product and other stainless steel products, please enquire now.